Saturday 5 July 2014

Local Hong Kong Guides craft stalls


It is just so amazing to arrive and see Guiding from all over the world.  Local Hong Kong guides have been here all morning greeting participants and helping us get around.  They have also had some craft stalls where they have taught us to tie some lucky Chinese knots and learn our name in Chinese. They were just so delighted to receive our "thanks badges" from the UK.  I had to write my Chinese name in phonics on the back as it was not east to remember!!

I spent my afternoon time in an information session about the 5th world centre in Africa.  It was very humbling to learn what WAGGGS means to all these ladies from round the world, and the opportunities it gives so many girls!   The session will help me vote later on in the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment