Monday 30 June 2014

...and another one heads off...

If the World Conference is in Hong Kong, what's this fixation with China? 

With one of our delegation already holidaying in Beijing, I am the second member of the delegation to head East to - yes, ypu've guessed it Beijing! In my case, there is just a little bit of work to get through this week, before heading off to join the others in Hong Kong on Friday. 

In my day job as Director of Student Recruitment at the University of Bristol, I am responsible for the University's International Office - which involves a certain amount of international travel. When I knew I'd be heading out to Hong Kong, it seemed sensible to combine the trip with a visit to one of our key representatives in Beijing. So - tomorrow I head off for a couple of days of meetings; agent visits and alumni dinners...

When I booked the trip, combining a spot of work with the World Conference and then a few days' R&R in Hong Kong sounded like a very sensible use of time. It's only now that I realise what a packing challenge I've given myself. Clearly, I can't rock up at a businees meeting in my Girlguidng uniform - and I probably don't want to chill out by the pool in a business suit...The burning question now is 'will the suitcase close...?'


1 comment:

  1. Did you manage it? This is my challenge tonight but at least I don't have to squeeze in a business suit!

    ReplyDelete